Después de leer esta hoja informativa, por favor llame a la Línea directa (877-447-4487) para hablar de sus opciones con un consejero.
COMNAVCRUITCOMINST 1130.8K (JUL 2016) NAVY RECRUITING MANUAL-ENLISTED VOLUMES I-V
Comentario: Para ver la norma entera, llame a la Línia Directa a los Derechos de los Militares (GI Rights Hotline) a 1-877-447-4487.
040106. POLICIES AND STANDARDS FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SEPARATION OF DEP PERSONNEL
Comentario: "DEP" significa Delayed Entry (o Enlistment) Program (programa de alistamiento postergado).
c. Commanding Officers are authorized to administratively separate (discharge) a member on inactive duty in DEP if, before the start of ACDU or IADT, that member does not meet the qualifications for enlistment as prescribed by NAVCRUITCOM or the member undergoes a change in personal situation or attitude that justifies separation from DEP. An administrative separation under this provision is an uncharacterized Entry Level Separation (ELS).
Commentario: "ACDU" significa Active Duty (servicio activo); "IADT" significa Initial Active Duty Training (entrenamiento inicial para el servicio activo). Aquí (y más abajo) dice que es una separación al nivel inicial.
A member who is being separated from DEP for a reason other than basic enlistment eligibility disqualification, must be counseled concerning opportunities in the Navy Reserve. The reasons for enlistment ineligibility may include but are not limited to:
Commentario: Aunque el reglamento dice "puede" en lugar de "debe", a nadie se le ha negado la separación del DEP desde al menos la década de 1970 (según Rod Powers, usmilitary.about.com).
(8) DEP member for USN or USNR program refuses to access onto active duty as scheduled.
(9) DEP member whereabouts become unknown.
(10) DEP member wants to pursue a four-year college education.
(16) Enlistment misunderstanding.
(18) Parental consent is withdrawn for a 17-year-old DEP member.
Note 1: Threatening DEP member with possible disciplinary actions for failing to enlist or coercing DEP members to fulfill their contractual obligations is inconsistent with the concept of the all-volunteer force (AVF).
Commentario: Es contrario al reglamento amenazarle.
If a member of DEP refuses to ship, recruiters will not address the issue of possible disciplinary consequences for failure to report to active duty, nor will the DEP member be told that it is Navy policy to order or force an unwilling member to recruit training or to any other form of active or reserve duty.
Note 2: Recruiters must inform their Division Leading Chief Petty Officer (DLCPO) immediately whenever a DEP member is either unable or expresses intent of not fulfilling their contractual obligation for any reason. Once notified, the DLCPO has up to 48-hours to make contact with the DEP member to affirm the individual’s desires, attempt to re-motivate (in a professional manner-free of coercion or intimidation), and notify the command of recommended action to satisfy the DEP member’s desires. When DEP discharge is recommended, the CO may direct the immediate administrative separation of the member from DEP. The timeline from recruiting personnel notifying the DLCPO to the Commanding Officer’s direction to DEP discharge a DEP member shall not exceed 72-hours. A DEP Action Request (DAR), documenting DEP discharge must be placed in the member’s residual file.
Note 3: Recruiting personnel will exercise sound judgment in their dealings and actions with DEP members declining enlistment to prevent them from feeling intimidated or coerced. This includes directing DEP members to travel beyond their hometown to facilitate a face-to-face meeting with recruiting supervisors for the purpose of discussing their reason(s) for declining to access onto active duty.
040107. PROCEDURES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE SEPARATION OF DEP PERSONNEL. NAVCRUITDIST COs will separate individuals under the following procedures:
a. Instructions Concerning Notification:
(1) Deliver the NAVPERS 1070/613 (Administrative Separation from Delayed Entry) personally to the respondent or send by first class mail. Reasonable effort should be made to furnish a copy to the member through personal contact by a representative of the command (normally recruiter of record unless transferred, on leave, or otherwise unavailable).
(2) The notice must state the member was administratively separated and the reason for the action. That an Entry Level Separation is an administrative separation without characterization of service.
c. Caution. Do not use the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or reenlistment recommendation codes (RE-codes) in conjunction with an administrative separation from DEP.
MILPERSMAN Section 1910-136 (20 Sep 2011) SEPARATION FROM THE DELAYED ENTRY PROGRAM (DEP)
- 11.5 KB (11.5 KB)
Comentario: Para ver o descargar la norma entera, haga clic en su enlace, que está dentro de la casilla que se encuentra arriba de estos comentarios.
1. Policy. Members in the Delayed Entry Program (DEP) (inactive reserve status) will be separated prior to coming on active duty if they no longer meet the qualifications for enlistment ..., or by Commander, Navy Recruiting Command (COMNAVCRUITCOM).
3. Characterization of Separation. Characterization will always be Entry Level Separation (ELS). See MILPERSMAN 1910-308.