GI Rights Hotline

Military Discharges and Military Counseling

Call 1-877-447-4487

Board for Correction of Military Records

Fact Sheet

After you read this fact sheet, please call the Hotline (877-447-4487) to talk over your options with a counselor.

Grievances: Board for Correction of Military Records

Each Service maintains a board that makes recommendations to the Secretary of the Service to correct the military record of a servicemember or veteran. Complainants who allege that an action has been taken in reprisal for a complaint may ask that the Board for Correction of Military (or Naval) Records (BCMR) review their case. Applicants may also ask the BCMR to correct aspects of their records which constitute the original wrong. Any error or injustice that results in an adverse personnel or medical entry can be a basis for BCMR action. Call the GI Rights Hotline for help with help with a BCMR action.